Pain Management Center
The Baystate Pain Management Center is dedicated to serving the interventional and rehabilitation needs of its patients with acute or chronic pain through a multidisciplinary approach. The Center helps patients manage their pain and resume more normal, productive lives.
The Center provides comprehensive, specialized care in a compassionate setting. A multidisciplinary team approach to pain management enables patients with chronic pain to exceed their perceived limitations and eliminate harmful behaviors, replacing them with healthy living.
Care is provided by the following:
- An Interventional Core Group of Anesthesiologist who are Board Certified in Pain Management (Drs Madabhushi, Vieira, Alluri, Khan ,Malik,Isa,Ponnusamy,Manikantan)
- A Medical Management Team consisting of a physician who is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Oncology(Dr.Mckee), and two physicians who are Board Certified in Anesthesia and Pain Management (Dr Ponnusamy) they specialize in medical management of persistent non-cancer pain and palliative care
- A physiatrist who specializes in rehabilitation medicine(Dr.Martinez)
- A behavioral health psychologist and psychiatrist who specialize in the treatment of chronic pain patients (Dr.Kent Higgins)
- Acupuncturists Drs Moran and Warner.
Indications for Pain Management
- Back and neck pain from herniated discs, degenerated discs, facet and S.i Joints etc
- Pain from nerve injuries
- Herpes Zoster (Shingles)
- Cancer pain
- Joint pains
- Spine pain from compression fractures
- Spine pain from cancer metastasis
- “Spinal” headaches
- Headaches and facial pain; including migraines
- Muscle pain
- Thoracic pain
- Pain following amputations and injuries
- Arthritis pain
- Pain from soft tissue injuries
- Neuropathic pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) Or Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD)
Methods of Pain Relief
- X ray guided injections with local anesthetics, steroids,
- Ultrasound guided blocks
- Musculoskeletal and joint injections
- Cryoanalgesia: freezing of nerve fibers
- Radiofrequency therapy: heating of nerve fibers
- Genicular blocks and cooled radiofrequency ablation for knee pain
- Bursal injections for hip and shoulder pain
- Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Neuromuscular Stimulator (NMS)
- Qutenza patches and other modalities for shingles pain.
- Dorsal column/spinal cord stimulators (SCS)
- Osteocool procedure
- Ketamine Infusions for intractable pain
- Botox for migraines
- Behavioral Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Medical Management
- Other modalities eg back and knee braces
We provide sedations for procedures in selected patients who have anxiety or procedure phobia.
We provide ketamine infusions for selected patients , cash payment options available.